Actors with Accents Speech Workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
WHO IS ADAM FRISTOE?
Adam is a Dialect Coach, Actor and Teacher. He has had the great pleasure of coaching actors like Kathleen Turner, Ginnifer Goodwin, Timothy Busfield, Kyle Bornheimer and Colin O'Donoghue. As an actor, Adam has played recurring roles in The Walking Dead, Sweet Magnolias, Teen Wolf, Rectify, If Loving You is Wrong and many others. He is currently Professor of Performing Arts at SCAD Atlanta and has performed on stages across the US and Europe. Adam has a BFA from SMU's Meadows School of the Arts and an MFA from The Academy for Classical Acting at The Shakespeare Theatre Company in Washington, DC.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Technique, strategies and resources to learn accents and dialects in order to expand your range as an actor.
- Foundational understanding of phonetics, IPA and how we make sound.
- Using language, sounds and accents to achieve your character's objectives.
- Everyday exercises to improve your facility with language, dialects and acting.
Over the past 10 years, Adam has developed a technique to help performers acting with accents. The workshop will challenge, inspire and encourage you to push the boundaries of characters you can play. For those students hoping to lose their southern accents, this course is also for you. Why? Because "General American" is, itself, an accent that you can learn. The same techniques apply to learning "General American" as Irish, French or Rwandan. This workshop will prepare you to successfully learn a variety of accents in the future and get you ready to work with a Dialect Coach when you land that awesome role.
- Online Registration (25% off)$45$450$0